“Huai Tueng Thao Reservoir” The tourist attraction in military area of Chiang Mai province
The government has the policy to promote domestic tourism by stimulating the economy and developing local community widely follows in the 20-year national strategy. In this regard, the 33rd Military Circle has the policy to promote tourism in the military area by developing Huai Tung Tao Reservoir; in terms of agriculture, being a recreational place, and being a natural tourist attraction for the general public.
The Office of Huai Tung Tao Reservoir Tourism Promotion Project was established as a tourist attraction of the Royal Thai Army at Don Kaeo Subdistrict, Mae Rim District in Chiang Mai Province. The general public can use it as a recreation area, a training area, organize activities about the conservation and exercise of the natural resources. The project helps to promote the welfare and generate income for the local community and people in Huai Tung Tao Village, including the personnel of the Royal Thai Army and their families. There are OTOP products and agricultural products for sale and many activities in the area as follows:
1. See the standing point of King Rama IX in the past (the stone weighs 10 tons) and walk up to the standpoint tower at the height of 5 floors.
2. Pay homage to the 12-meter tall Buddha image “Phra Phuttha Rattanachai Suraphalrak Phithak Kawila Siamthes,” the Three Ariya Metri, and Goddess Guan Yin Bodhisattva.
3. Dine in a pavilion and admire the view of the water on the raft.
4. Take a tram to sightsee around the Huai Tung Tao Reservoir.
5. Come to exercise, walk, run and cycle around the Huai Tung Tao Reservoir for a distance of 4 kilometers.
6. Fun Fishing Activities
7. Ride water bike with family.
8. Take a picture with the giant King Kong family and friends.
9. Feeding lambs’ activities
10. Walk up to the Switzerland windmill with Doi Suthep-Pui National Park background.
11. Play in the water with family.
The Commander of the 3rd Army Area/Commanding General of the 3rd Army Area Operations Center would like to invite personnel, people who live in 17 Northern provinces, and tourists to visit the Huai Tung Tao Reservoir. You will experience the cold wind, the scenery of the mountain ranges of Doi Suthep-Pui National Park, and the natural beauty atmosphere of the Office of the Huai Tung Tao Reservoir Tourism Promotion Project, Mae Rim District in Chiang Mai Province. Available every day, in New Normal Style, from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM in winter and the coming new year festival. You will travel with confidence in safety and experience nature happily.
คณะบรรณาธิการข่าว กองทัพภาคที่ 3